Synchro Canada presents its final National Team for the 2013 FINA World Aquatic Championships
Synchro Canada is proud to present its final 12-member National Team for the 2013 FINA World Aquatic Championships, in Barcelona, Spain, its first major competition in this new Olympic cycle. Synchronized swimming competitions will be held July 20-28.
“Following the last month when I observed and tested our Senior National Team members, including at the Canadian Open Championships held in Quebec City in April, I’m very confident in this group of athletes who showed that they deserved their sport on this team”, said Synchro Canada’s Senior National Team Head Coach, Meng Chen.
“This team is a mix of veterans from the 2012 Olympic Games, athletes who developed at our Centre of Excellence for many years, and rookies who were amongst our top Canadian juniors last year. I’m sure that this optimal team, at this time in this new Olympic cycle, will proudly represent Canada in the seven events and six new routines to be presented in Barcelona.”
eNews: May 22
Synchro Canada's eNews edition of May 22, 2013, is now available.
Check it out now!
Find a club
Anywhere in Canada!
Find one now!
NOW AVAILABLE: Athlete Development Progress Books
Order your Athlete Development Books for the athletes in your club. All ordering information is available through your provincial office. If you have not received the ordering information via email, please contact them. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Jadine Cleary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This book was created with the athlete in mind. Synchro Canada hopes that every athlete who participates in synchronized swimming across Canada will have their copy of the athlete development progress book. In addition, parents will gain valuable information on their athlete's progression and required skills to progress from one stage to the other.
Athlete of the week
1. After her career, she would like to work with people by specializing in the psychology, health or communication area.
2. She was a member of Synchro Canada's 2012 Junior National Team who represented the country at the FINA World Junior Championships.
3. She qualified for Synchro Canada's Senior National Team at age 16 in 2012.
4. She represented the CAEM and Montreal Synchro clubs.
5. In 2010 and 2011, she won silver medals in duet at the Comen Cup as a member of the 13-15 National Team. She also won a bronze medal in the team event in 2011.
May 30-June 2
Synchro: July 20-28