Call for Application - Communications Manager Position
Synchro Canada is currently seeking application to fill the position of Communications Manager.
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with other National Office Staff as well as National Team Athletes; Coaches and support staff when required.
- Develop and execute communications plan for the organization
- Develop creative tools and ideas to better market and promote the sport of synchronized swimming in Canada.
- Work with appropriate leaders to promote events such as World Championships; Pan Am Games; Olympic Games etc.
- Plan and manage all media relation activities for Synchro Canada
- Manage as well as conduct media training for athletes; coaches and key leaders within Synchro Canada
- Coordinate and host media conferences in both official languages
- Respond to media requests to meet deadline and create key messages
- Manage and maintain the content and the design of Synchro Canada website in both official languages (including social media tools)
- Collaborate with other staff in the delivery of special events and speaking notes
- Manage communications budget
- Develop initiative to promote the organization with internal and external stakeholders
- A university degree in journalism, communications or a related field or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience is required.
- Experience in writing and revising a wide range of communications products (ie. news releases, marketing products, web content)
- Experience in media relations
- Experience/knowledge of social media tools
- Fully bilingual with communication skills in English and French, both written and verbal
- Knowledge/interest in sports in general.
Terms of Contract
- Full time position
- Flexible hours and travel may be required
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Workplace: Synchro Canada National Office – Ottawa, ON ( preferred)
Please forward your application including CV, references and salary expectations to Catherine Gosselin-Després COO, Synchro Canada, by September 4th, 2009 by email at
or by mail at:
1010 Polytek St. Unit 14 suite 200,
Gloucester, ON K1J 9H9