Synchro Canada News: December 11th, 2009
- Watch Canada on CBC Win the FINA World Trophy
Watch the Canadian Team win the 4th FINA Synchronised Swimming World Trophy, presented in Montreal November 27-29, on CBC on Saturday, December 12th, at 1PM EST (check your local listings).
- Holidays schedule
Please note that Synchro Canada office will be closed from Wednesday, December 23rd, to January 1st. The office will reopen Monday, January 4th. Happy Holidays everyone!
- Buy your Christmas Gifts and support Synchro Canada
- Give your Synchro Family the perfect gift this year with Synchro Canada Official Merchandise. Synchro Canada is pleased to make the following items available to you and yours during this holiday season:
- Commemorative FINA World Trophy Program ($ 5.00)
Celebrate Canada’s Historic win of the FINA Trophy with your own program of all the events, featuring pictures of all the competing international teams
- Synchro Canada Pins ($ 5.00)
- Synchro Canada Pens ($ 5.00)
- Synchro Canada Pad and Pens ($10.00)
- Synchro Tank Tops-available in S,M, L, and XL ($20.00)
- Synchro Canada Black and Light Blue Golf Shirts ($40.00)
Receive a Free Program with Orders over $50.00. Shipping and Handling not included. To order any of these items please contact
, specify quick order if you want the item before Christmas.
- By shopping at Arbonne, 30 % of the retail goes back to Synchro Canada. Check the great gifts ideas (http://www.arbonne.ca/products/whats_new/index.asp) and contact Claudette Stiven, Independant Consultant Arbonne, at 403 607-9740 or by email at
- Denise Sauvé named Quebec’s Coach of the Month of November
National Team head coach Denise Sauvé won for the second time this year the Quebec's Coach of the Month award for the month of November by the Quebec's National Institute of Coaching. She has been selected based on the performance of the Canadian Team at the 4th FINA World Trophy. "This is showing the excellent work accomplished by my team which I want personnally thanks. This is also confirming that the athletes had an outstanding performance that caught the attention." Read the press release (French only): http://www.sportcom.qc.ca/ACCUEIL/NouvellesDetails/tabid/1109/Default.aspx?ItemId=1995&alias=sportcom.qc.ca&ModuleId=401&TabId=65&PortalId=0
- Élise Marcotte honoured at the Gala Victoris in Quebec City
National Team member Élise Marcotte got the International Female Partner/Teammate Award at the 2009 Gala Victoris in Quebec City, an annual reception which celebrates the Quebec City’s athletes. Her teammates Valérie Welsh was also a finalist in that category. Also amongst the finalists: Anne-Marie Vézina and Marie Rondeau in the National Partner/Teammate Award, Jojo Carrier-Thivierge in the National Coach Award, and the 2009 Canadian Open Synchronised Swimming Championships in the Puntual Event. Congratulations to all of you! More details (French only): http://www.victoris.ca/edition09.html
- Five Synchronised Swimming Clubs Receives Chevrolet Make Dreams Possible Grants
Five Canadian Synchronised Swimming clubs are amongst the 51 who received a 2009 Chevrolet Making Dreams Possible grant of $2,000 each for coach training and development activities. Press release: http://www.coach.ca/eng/story_details.cfm?ID=748 | Full list of recipients: http://www.coach.ca/makingdreamspossible/recipients/clubs_2009_fall.htm.
Those clubs are:
Calgary Aquabelles (Calgary)
Okotoks Synchronize Swim Club (Okotoks)
Aquatica Synchro (Winnipeg)
Atlantis Synchro Club (Halifax)
Halifax Aqua Nova Synchro Club (Halifax)
- Apply now for the Chevrolet's Making Dreams Possible grants
High Performance Coach Grants Available! Chevrolet and the Coaching Association of Canada are committed to improving Olympic performances by creating unique competitive advantages through customized grants for coach development that will benefit athletes. Ten grants of $10,000 will be awarded this spring to coaches for the purpose of enhancing coaching excellence and expertise that will support their athletes’ drive to the podium. The application deadline for the online application is January 18, 2010. More details: http://www.coach.ca/makingdreamspossible/highperformance/index.htm
- December 2009 Sport Development Newsletter
Please check the December 2009 edition of Synchro Canada Sport Development Newsletter, available now in the Newsletter section of our Website: http://www.synchro.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=9&id=85&Itemid=76
- Carolyn Waldo is carrying the Olympic Flame this week!
Carolyn Waldo, double gold medalist and flag bearer at the 1988 Olympic Games and silver medalist at the 1984 Olympic Games, will carry the Olympic Flame Saturday, December 12th, in Ottawa. Follow the Olympic Torch Relay: http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-torch-relay/
- Sport Nutrition Tip of the Month
The Nutrition Tip of the Month of December 2009 of the Coaching Association of Canada is about Nutrition on a Dime. Athletes living on their own while in school or training away from home may find themselves faced with the challenge of eating for high performance while on a limited budget. Coupled with time constraints, the many temptations of fast food outlets, convenience stores, and even the grocery store, can interfere with both living on a budget and achieving optimal nutrition. “Nutrition on a Dime – How to Fuel Up on a Shoestring Budget: An Athlete’s Guide” suggests just a few of the many planning, shopping, and preparation tips that can help you make training on a budget a nutrition success. More details: http://www.coach.ca/eng/nutrition/index.cfm
- Jobs opportunities