Please see below important news about Synchro Canada:
- Synchro Canada announces its team for the 2010 FINA World Cup
Synchro Canada is pleased to announce its national team for the 2010 FINA World Cup set for September 16-19 in Changshu, China.
The Canadian team members are Marie-Pier Boudreau-Gagnon (Rivière-du-Loup, QC), Camille Bowness (Beaconsfield, QC), Stéphanie Durocher (Repentigny, QC), Jo-Annie Fortin (Montreal and Ahuntsic-Cartierville, QC), Chloé Isaac (Brossard, QC), Ève Lamoureux (Montréal and Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie, QC), Stéphanie Leclair (Gatineau, QC), Tracy Little (Pointe-Claire, QC), Élise Marcotte (L’Ancienne-Lorette, QC), Marie-Lou Morin (Westmount, QC), Valérie Welsh (Saint-Nicholas, QC), and Erin Wilson (Toronto, ON).
“After our recent successes at the FINA World Aquatic Championships and the FINA World Trophy in 2009 as well as the China and Japan Opens earlier this year, the Synchro Canada national team is on a mission at the 2010 FINA World Cup to continue its return amongst the best in the world,” said Synchro Canada’s CEO Catherine Gosselin-Després. “The Canadian synchro team looks to be close to the podium in each event with the ultimate objective to be on the podium as often as possible.”
“This is an important competition for us with the Olympics less than two years away,” said Canadian team captain Ève Lamoureux. ‘’The 2010 FINA World Cup is a big step in our Olympic preparations because it will allow us to see where we stand before the stretch drive to London which includes qualifying for the Olympics at the Pan Am Games and FINA World Aquatic Championships in 2011.”
Read the press release: http://www.synchro.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=250&Itemid=64&lang=english.
Read the articles following the media activity which was held Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at the Parc Jean-Drapeau in Montreal:
- When Synchronized Swimming and Freestyle Skiing are meeting (French only) – La Presse: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/autres-sports/natation/201008/25/01-4309566-quand-synchro-et-acro-se-rencontrent.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B9_autres-sports_432_section_POS4
- Synchronized Swimming: 12 sisters looking for the podium as their objective (French only) – La Presse: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/autres-sports/natation/201008/24/01-4309366-nage-synchronisee-12-soeurs-avec-le-podium-comme-objectif.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B9_autres-sports_432_section_POS2
- Synchro Canada presented its 12 swimmers (French only) – RDS: http://www.rds.ca/zv2/index.html?video=43868
- On an upslope (French only) – Radio-Canada: http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/PlusSports/2010/08/24/006-nagesynchro-mardi.shtml
- Before London, Stephanie Leclair will go to China (French only) - http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-droit/opinions/chroniqueurs/201008/24/01-4309456-avant-londres-la-chine-pour-stephanie-leclair.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B2_chroniqueur_30029_section_POS1
Synchro Canada’s National Team was also at the morning show Salut! Bonjour! on TVA Tuesday, August 24, as the show did their weather broadcast live with the National Team. Check one of the National Team appearance as they presented their combo (French only): http://tva.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/player/player_preroll.pl?titre=Salut%20Bonjour&emission=salutbonjour&video=594124927001&reseau=TVA§ionlevel=§ionvaleur=&player=42806365001&publisher=43787007001&width=480&height=306.
- Tentative schedule for the 2010 Centre of Excellence Selection now available
You can now take a look at the tentative schedule for the 2010 Center of Excellence Selection which will be held Friday, September 24, and Saturday, September 25th, in Montreal, QC. Check it out now: http://www.synchro.ca/images/stories/documents/Newsletter/2010_center_of_excellence_selection_schedule.pdf.
- Rule book updated
Please note that you can now download an updated version of the 2010 Rule Book with a better presentation, including some additions to the Appendix B, “Awards”. Download it now: http://www.synchro.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&id=55&Itemid=40&lang=english.
- New Health and Wellness policy
You can now read the new Synchro Canada’s Health and Wellness Policy, which replaces immediately the Synchro Canada’s Injury and Illness Policy. Please note that the appendix on the prevention and management of eating disorders has not changed. Read it now: http://www.synchro.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&id=21&Itemid=53.
- Register now for the 2010 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership conference
Whether you are a coach, administrator, sport scientist, researcher, coach educator, or leader in the corporate community, the Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference is your opportunity to CONNECT, LEARN, NETWORK and CELEBRATE sport in Canada. Attend Sport Leadership sportif in Ottawa, ON from November 18-21, 2010 to celebrate successes, challenge traditional thinking, and reflect upon and explore current struggles. Hear and interact with innovators, influencers, change agents, thought leaders and icons that inform and inspire in one of four streams: coaching the developing athlete, high performance coaching, coach education and research, and sport management. Register today or check the schedule and speakers: http://www.coach.ca/sportleadershipsportif/2010/e/index.cfm.
- Take advantage of the New Sports Day in Canada
On September 18th, CBC Sports will present a 2-4 hour broadcast for the Sports Day in Canada, a new national event that celebrates sport at all levels across Canada. Using the model that CBC created for Hockey Day in Canada, Sports Day in Canada is an opportunity to showcase all manner of sports, while mobilizing the nation in the power of being active. Take advantage of this initiative: promote your club by organizing a local activity on September 18th (free initiation, watershow, etc…). Then, register your event in the official Website: http://sportsdayevents.participaction.com/. If you need any help on promoting your activity, please contact Synchro Canada’s Communications Manager, Patrick Godbout (
- News from the members
Do you have any news that you would like to share with other provinces and members? That news can be on any subject, including about an athlete, coach, administrator or official, or even on your provincials programs or competitions. Send them to
and we’ll be more than happy to share it with the other members.
The Montreal Synchro Club is looking for swimmers to complete its 13-15 year old Performance Team
Montreal Synchro Club is actively recruiting 13 to 15 year old athletes
in order to have a complete team in the PERFORMANCE Group (previously
Tier 6, 15 and under), for the 2010/2011 season. Please contact Karine
Doré, Head Coach, as soon as possible :