Please find below important news from Synchro Canada:
- Synchro Canada announces the 17 clubs selected for the 2010-2011 Club Excellence Program
Synchro Canada is pleased to announce the 17 clubs selected for the 2010-2011 Club Excellence Program. The Club Excellence Program, now in its third year, encourages clubs to streamline their operational guidelines in order to help develop better athletes, coaches and club programs with the main objective to keep Synchro Canada among the world’s elite in synchronized swimming. More details.
- In your mailbox
In the next days, all Synchro Canada members will receive a letter signed by Marie-Pier Boudreau-Gagnon, National Team member, asking you to help young synchro swimmers achieve their dreams by making a donation to the Club Excellence Program. This letter, as well as a donation form and an option to make a donation online through PayPal, will be available in a new section of the Synchro Canada’s website, Donate now. More details next week!
- 2011 Western Championships
The 2011 Western Divisional Championships were held last weekend in Regina, Saskatchewan. Check out the full results on the Synchro Canada website.
- National Junior and 13-15 Team Selections
Synchro Canada’s National Junior and 13-15 Team selection criteria is now available through Provincial offices or by contacting Kristen Brawley, High Performance Manager (
). Check out the first National Junior Team Selection memo and tentative schedule.
- National Junior and 13-15 Routine Set Clarifications
Synchro Canada will host a conference call on Monday, April 4th, at 12:30 pm EST to address any questions on the National Junior and 13-15 Team routine sets. Any coaches seeking clarification on the videos posted on DartfishTV are encouraged to join the call. To join, please dial 1-866-610-7530 and enter passcode: 6132458. If you have any questions, please contact Kristen Brawley, High Performance Manager (
- Updates on national competitions
2011 Canadian Open Championships
- Registration deadline is Saturday, April 2nd, 2011
- When you will send your registration, don’t forget to also send the registration form for the banquet. A new document including all the forms is now available. Registration deadline is Thursday, April 7.
2011 Canadian Espoir Championships
- Registration deadline is Friday, April 15th, 2011
- See and order official clothes for the 2011 Canadian Espoir Championships
Plus de détails.
- Bids: 2012 National Competitions
You can now apply to host the 2012 Synchro Canada national championships, including the Eastern/Atlantic Divisionals, Canadian Open, Espoir and Masters championships. The 2012 Western Divisional Championships is already planned to be held in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The deadline to apply is May 6th, 2011. More details.
- Two athletes from the Olympium Synchronized Swimming Club at the 2011 U.S. Junior Championships
Jordan Field and Tess Kruspe, with their coach Elena Podolsky, from the Olympium Synchronized Swimming Club, will take part in the 2011 U.S. Junior Championships held in Clermont, Florida, March 31-April 2. Good luck! Official website for the event.
- UPDATE: International Club Bids
- Singapore National
- Swiss Open
- Flanders Synchro Open 2011
- London 2012 well prepared for testing times ahead
The Organising Committee for the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games is confidently looking ahead to hosting a string of test events now that the final touches are being put on a number of Olympic venues throughout the city, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Coordination Commission reported today. More details.
- Coca-Cola Partners with Canada’s Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium as First Media Sponsor for London 2012
With the London 2012 Olympic Games more than 15 months away, Canada’s Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium has secured its first multiplatform sponsorship agreement for the Summer Games. Coca-Cola Canada has re-signed with the Consortium, following a successful sponsorship package during Vancouver 2010, which saw the world’s leading beverage company reach an unprecedented mass audience in all demographics on numerous platforms. More details.
- AthletesCAN launches new website
AthletesCAN is pleased to unveil its newly redesigned website – www.athletescan.com. The site includes interactive features and reflects the needs of our members, Canada’s national team athletes, to provide a media and content rich environment that will become the hub for all high performance athletes and their fans looking to get the latest news in Canadian sport and resources in athlete leadership. Check it out now.
- News from the members
Do you have any news that you would like to share with other provinces and members? Your news can be on any subject, including about an athletes, coaches, administrators or officials. It can even be about your provincials programs or competitions. Send them to
and we’ll be more than happy to share it with the other members.