Synchro Canada News: June 17, 2011
Please find below important news from Synchro Canada:
- Two silver medals for Synchro Canada’s National Senior Development Team in Italy
Synchro Canada’s National Senior Development Team won two silver medals in the team and combo events at the Savona Open, held in Savona, Italy, June 9-12. Check out the press releases.
- Montreal to welcome more than 100 synchronized swimmers for the 2011 Canadian Masters Championships
Synchronized swimmers between the age of 19 and 71 will be competing at the 2011 Canadian Masters Championships which will be held on June 18th and 19th at the Hochelaga Swimming Pool in Montreal (1870, Davidson). More details.
- 2012 Divisional and National Championships
Please note that because the 2012 FINA World Masters Championships is being held the first week of June in 2012, Synchro Canada needed to revisit next year schedule for the Divisional and National Championships. The events will take place on the following dates:
- Eastern Divisional Championships: March 13-18th
- Western Divisional Championships: March 29-April 1st
- National Masters Championships: April 28-29th
- Canadian Open Championships: May 2-May 6th with NTT May 7th
- Canadian Espoir Championships: May 23-28th with NTT May 29th
Confirmed locations for those championships will be communicated in an official press release next week. Stay tuned!
- Dartfish promotion
Dartfish is teaming up with Synchro Canada to provide members with a special one-time offer for state-of-the-art Dartfish TeamPro 5.5. The regular not-for-profit price is $3,400US if bought as an individual license, but the Synchro Canada promo price for the TeamPro 5.5 is $1300 US. To take advantage of this offer, Synchro Canada needs a minimum of 20 orders by June 25, 2011. For information on this special one- time offer or to sign up to make a purchase please contact: Khadija Cutcher at 204-771-8437 or
- Become a fan of Synchro Canada’s Senior National Team
Become a fan of Synchro Canada's Senior National Team and follow their preparation for the 2011 FINA World Aquatic Championships! “Like” the official Facebook fan page of Synchro Canada’s Senior National Team.
- Share your best synchronized swimming pictures!
Synchro Canada is inviting you to submit your best synchronized swimming pictures. Each week, a picture will be selected as the synchronized swimming picture of the week on Synchro Canada's Facebook page and Website. Please note that the pictures you send should be free of rights. You can send your pictures to
with an explanation for why your picture should be the picture of the day!
- It’s Prom Time!
Send us a picture of you (
) in your dress to be in our Facebook photo gallery!
- Deadline for the May Canadian Synchronized Swimming Community Member of the Month: Wednesday, June 29
You have until Wednesday, June 29 at 5 pm (Eastern time), to send the name, a picture and an explanation of a person that you think should be the July Canadian Synchronized Swimming Community Member of the Month. To do so, please send it to
. You can mention a performance or an extraordinary story regarding one of your swimmers or judges or even point out the hard work of one of your volunteers or administrators! Check out the last member of the month.
- UPDATE: International Club Bids
- Swedish Open Youth Championships, Stockholm, Sweden (November 18-20, 2011)
- Job opportunity
- Dollard Synchro: one full-time and one part-time coach for the 2011-2012 season
- Multnomah Athletic Club (Portland, U.S.A.): Full-Time Assistant Coach
- Coaching Association of Canada Nutrition Tip of the Month
Check out the Coaching Association of Canada Nutrition Tip of the Month: Meal Preparation-Planning Pre-Exercise Meals from “At Home” to “On the Go”! Check it out now.
- News from the members
Do you have any news that you would like to share with other provinces and members? Your news can be on any subject, including about an athletes, coaches, administrators or officials. It can even be about your provincials programs or competitions. Send them to
and we’ll be more than happy to share it with the other members.
Aurora Synchro is delighted to announce their new head coach: Jennifer Parker who already swam with Aurora Synchro as a child and was on the Junior National Team for two years. Congratulations Jennifer!
Synchro Saskatchewan is looking for people with any former synchronized swimming experience that have moved to Saskatchewan. Synchro Saskatchewan would like to provide them with the opportunity to get back into our great sport. Synchro Saskatchewan thought that they should ask the synchro community from across Canada if they would mind letting them know of anyone who is now living in Saskatchewan or if they would let them know that Synchro Saskatchewan is interested in contacting them. Please call (306) 780-9227 or email
with any information.