|Synchro Canada introduces the athletes training at its Centre of Excellence in 2011-2012|
Ottawa, September 15, 2011 – Synchro Canada is pleased to introduce the athletes that will train at the Centre of Excellence in Montreal for the 2011-2012 season and who will be members of Synchro Canada’s Senior and Senior B National Teams in 2011-2012.
The athletes were selected following a selection camp held August 25-26 at Synchro Canada’s Centre of Excellence in the Quebec Centre of Excellence for Aquatic Sports at the Olympic Park Sports Centre in Montreal.
The 12 swimmers that represented Canada at the 2011 FINA World Aquatic Championships were exempt from participating in the selection testing based on their preparation and performances at this competition in China.
The athlete selection will be official after passing through numerous screening tests with Synchro Canada’s various experts.
Retirement of Kristine Irwin, Ève Lamoureux and Anne-Marie Vézina
Synchro Canada sends its best wishes to Kristine Irwin (Calgary, AB), Ève Lamoureux (Montréal, QC) and Anne-Marie Vézina (L’Ancienne-Lorette, QC) who announced their retirement from the Centre of Excellence this summer.
Synchro Canada thanks them not only for representing Canada at international competitions but also for being great ambassadors for the sport throughout their synchro careers.
National team members selected to train at the Centre of Excellence in 2011-2012:
- BOUDREAU-GAGNON, Marie-Pier (Rivière-du-Loup, QC)
- BÉLANGER, Geneviève (Laval, QC)
- BOWNESS, Camille (Beaconsfield, QC)
- CARDINAL, Gabrielle (Saint-Lambert, QC)
- DUROCHER, Stéphanie (Repentigny, QC)
- * FRÉCHETTE, Rachel (Dollard Synchro, Deux-Montagnes, QC)
- FORTIN, Jo-Annie (Montréal, QC)
- FRAPPIER, Annabelle (Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC)
- GILL, Sandy (Coquitlam, C.-B.)
- ISAAC, Chloé (Brossard, QC)
- KOPCIK, Emilia (Surrey, C.-B.)
- KOWALSKI, Rachel (Kitchener, ON)
- LECLAIR, Stéphanie (Gatineau, QC)
- LITTLE, Tracy (Pointe-Claire, QC)
- MARCOTTE, Élise (L’Ancienne-Lorette, QC)
- MAULE, Rebecca (Guelph, ON)
- MIKELBERG, Lisa (Hampstead, QC)
- MORIN, Marie-Lou (Westmount, QC)
- RONDEAU, Marie (Québec, QC)
- THOMAS, Karine (Gatineau, QC)
- WELSH, Valérie (Saint-Nicholas, QC)
- WILLSON, Erin (Toronto, ON)
*: new athlete at the Center of Excellence (may change following the medical screening)
Julie Sauvé, Meng Chen, Anastassia Goutseva, Kasia Kulesza and Lyne Piché are the coaches of Synchro Canada’s Senior National Teams.
About Synchro Canada
Synchro Canada is the national organization governing synchronized swimming in Canada. It represents 10 provincial associations, a territorial association, as well as some 150 clubs and 12,000 members across Canada. A member of FINA, the world’s governing aquatic sports organization, Synchro Canada promotes the quest for excellence by developing the athletes, citizens and ambassadors of the sport of synchronized swimming at every level. Synchro Canada would like to thank its sponsors:
Official partners: Epiderma
Program partners: Sport Canada, Own The Podium, B2ten, the Centre national multisport-Montréal
Official suppliers: Speedo, Knox Gelatine, AdUp, MKI Travel, National Car Rental
Official hotel: Hilton Worldwide
Official Charity Partner: Plan Canada’s Because I am A Girl Program
For further information, visit Synchro Canada’s Website at www.synchro.ca or follow Synchro Canada on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- 30 -
For more information:
Cell.: (514) 213-9897
Website : www.synchro.ca
Facebook: Synchro Canada
Twitter : www.twitter.com/synchrocanada