Please find below important news from Synchro Canada:
- On the road to London 2012: new video Monday, February 27!
Synchro Canada will publish a new video of its National Team members Monday, February 27, five months prior to the launch of the 2012 Olympic Games. In this new video, National Team members share what they have on their mind when they think about the city of London. Check it out Monday afternoon on Synchro Canada’s Official YouTube channel.
- UPDATE: Divisional and National Championships
2012 Eastern/Atlantic Divisional Championships
1. Please note that the hospitality fee for the swimmers who will take part in the figures event is $10 per athlete and coach. Those fees are not actually included in the registration form. The host organizing committee is asking that all cheques covering the hospitality fee are sent to them by February 29.
2. All clubs who would like to register pre-swimmers can do it by communicating with the meet manager, Laurent Bilodau (
3. Press release: Nearly 400 synchronized swimmers headed to Quebec City for the 2012 Eastern/Atlantic Divisional Championships - Canadian national senior team member Élise Marcotte is the honorary president
Nearly 400 synchronized swimmers will compete at the 2012 Eastern/Atlantic Divisional Championships scheduled for March 6-11 at the piscine Lucien-Flamand in Quebec City (7, rue Robert-Rumilly). More details.
2012 Western Divisional Championships
1. Please note that the athlete surcharge is $50 per athlete. It should be paid directly to Synchro Swim Manitoba. Also, please submit your projected numbers for figures hospitality and the banquet as soon as possible with Synchro Swim Manitoba (
2. Please note that the deadline for ordering hoodies for the 2012 Western Divisionals is March 6, 2012. You can order one for $45 by contacting Synchro Swim Manitoba (
- Information sessions at the 2012 Eastern/Atlantic Divisional Championships
Coaches and Parents are invited to an information session presented by Synchro Canada's Domestic Staff at the 2012 Eastern/Atlantic Divisional Championships. The session will include information regarding Competition Structure, National Athlete Development Program, and more. Please take note of the dates and times below (locations are still to be confirmed):
Friday, March 9th, 2012 at 11:40am-12:40pm and 5:30-6:30 pm. We are offering two identical sessions. Please attend the time that works best with your availabilities.
Saturday, March 10th, 2012 at 5:10-6:10 pm.
- Information Webinar on Synchro Canada's Athlete Development program for all coaches
Mark your calendars! Wednesday, February 29th, at 11 am (EST) and Thursday, March 1, at 9 am (EST), Synchro Canada's Domestic team will be hosting an information webinar on Synchro Canada's Athlete Development Program. Registration is limited. Please send an email to Jennifer Langlois (
) to register. Please indicate the date and time that accommodates your schedule. You will receive an email confirmation with log in information.
- 2011-2012 Club Excellence Program
Thank you to all clubs who participated in the Club Excellence submission for 2012. Today, Friday, February 24, is the last day for submission if you haven’t yet sent in your forms. Synchro Canada's Domestic staff will be reviewing all the application in the coming months. Should any further information be required, your club will be contacted. Thank you!
- Synchro Canada’s 2012 Annual Convention in Winnipeg
Canada’s synchronized swimming elite will gather in Winnipeg, Manitoba, on October 12-14, 2012, for Synchro Canada’s 2012 Annual Convention. More details.
- Information package: Competition-Development courses in Calgary
Download the information package for the Competition-Development courses (modules: Performance Planning, Analyse Figures and Analyse Routines) which will be held in Calgary, Alberta, April 13-15. Download it now.
- How to maximize the Olympic opportunity
In the following months leading up to the 2012 Olympic Games, we will share with our members some ideas to maximize the Olympic opportunity locally and/or provincially. If you also have some ideas, please send them to
and we will share it in our weekly newsletter.
Invite an Olympian from a previous Olympic Games to meet with your athletes!
As the next big synchronized swimming competitions are coming soon and linked with the 2012 Olympic Games, why don’t you invite an Olympian who competed from a previous Olympic Games? She could share her preparation for big events and her experience during the Olympic Games! Contact your local media to suggest them this opportunity with the angle of the Olympic Games, a topic getting more and more hot in the news!
- International bids competition information
Swedish Open Senior Championships
June 2-3, 2012
- Canadian Olympic Committee opens search for International Olympic Academy Young Participants
The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) will send two Canadians between the ages of 20 and 35 to Olympia, Greece to experience the annual Young Participants Session at the International Olympic Academy (IOA). More details.
- Suncor to Continue Fuelling Canadian Olympic Team
The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) and Suncor Energy announced that Suncor, through its Petro-Canada brand, will continue to support Canadian athletes, their coaches and their families for an additional four years. The renewed sponsorship agreement extends the current agreement from 2013 to 2016 supporting the Canadian Olympic movement past Sochi 2014 and through to Rio 2016. More details.
- 5th World Conference on Women and Sport calls for more women in leadership roles
Participants in the 5th IOC World Conference on Women and Sport called on sports leaders to take a more proactive role in advancing the cause of women in and through sport as the event came to a close in Los Angeles, California, on Saturday. More details.
- Share your best synchronized swimming pictures!
Synchro Canada is inviting you to submit your best synchronized swimming pictures. Each week, a picture will be selected as the synchronized swimming picture of the week on Synchro Canada's Facebook page and Website. Please note that the pictures you send should be free of rights. You can send your pictures to
with an explanation for why your picture should be the picture of the day! Check out this week’s picture.
- News from the members
Do you have any news that you would like to share with other provinces and members? Your news can be on any subject, including about an athletes, coaches, administrators or officials. It can even be about your provincials programs or competitions. Send them to
and we’ll be more than happy to share it with the other members.