Synchro Canada News: June 11, 2012
Please find below important news from Synchro Canada:
- Important note on the watershow on June 16th
Synchro Canada’s Senior National Team training for the 2012 Olympic Games is very excited to show you their new routines at the Saturday, June 16 à 9 am, Watershow. As you may know, our strategy is that the other countries will not see our routines before the Olympic Games. To be able to show you our routines while the other countries can’t see them before London 2012, here are some rules:
1. No camera, cell phone, iPad, iPod or tablets will be allowed in the stands of the pool at the Olympic Park Sport Centre. Synchro Canada’s staff members will check with every spectator to ensure that is adhered to.
2. If the staff members finds a camera, a cell phone or any other items of the sort, it will be checked in a locked room during the event. The items will be returned to the owners at the end of the show in time for the autograph session.
3. In the situation that images are taken and shared, Synchro Canada could take legal action against the person (s).
You can still buy tickets for the watershow through Admission. Synchro Canada, the National Team members and the coaches hopes to see you there
- Canada’s synchronized swimming team unveils the theme and music for its team technical routine at the 2012 Olympics
Canada’s national senior synchronized swimming team for the 2012 Olympic Games officially unveiled in Toronto its theme and music for its brand new technical team routine prepared for this summer in London. The 2012 Olympic Games technical routine of two minutes and 50 seconds presented August 9 at 3 p.m. will have a soccer theme. More details.
- 2013 Canadian Espoir Championships: date changes
Please note that the 2013 Canadian Espoir Championships will now be held May 29-June 2, 2013, still in Ontario. The location and host clubs for the championships will be announced in the following weeks.
- Erika Lindner names Chair, Sport Organizing Committee for Synchronized Swimming at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto
Synchro Canada would like to congratulates Erika Lindner who has been names Chair, Sport Organizing Committee for Synchronized Swimming at the 2015 Pan American Games which will be held in Toronto. Congratulations!
- Job opportunities
-Full time or part time coaches – Calgary Aquabelles
- Upcoming NCCP courses
Please note that Synchro Canada will hold many courses this summer and fall in Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec and Newfoundland-and-Labrador. Check them out.
- Share your best synchronized swimming pictures!
Synchro Canada is inviting you to submit your best synchronized swimming pictures. Each week, a picture will be selected as the synchronized swimming picture of the week on Synchro Canada's Facebook page and Website. Please note that the pictures you send should be free of rights. You can send your pictures to
with an explanation for why your picture should be the picture of the day! Check out this week’s picture.
- News from the members
Do you have any news that you would like to share with other provinces and members? Your news can be on any subject, including about an athletes, coaches, administrators or officials. It can even be about your provincials programs or competitions. Send them to
and we’ll be more than happy to share it with the other members.
Congratulations to Karine Thomas and Stéphanie Leclair, Synchro Canada’s Senior National A Team member, who are amongst the recipients of the Fonds sportif Outaouais bursary, and to Myriam Sabourin (Montréal Synchro) who is amongst the recipients of Le Cirque du Soleil bursary, part of the Fondation de l’athlète d’excellece du Québec. Congratulations!
In the news: Killarney Synchro Swim Club ims for balance with competition