Reporting to the CEO, the Finance and Administration Manager has overall responsibility for providing financial and general administration services to Synchro Canada and national office staff on a daily basis.
The position requires:
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team of dedicated professionals in the pursuit of common goals
- Thorough knowledge of financial management and accounting
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills. Ability to work effectively in both English and French is an asset
- Knowledge of sports, and particularly of national sport organizations, is an asset
- Implement and maintain the financial policies, systems and procedures of Synchro Canada
- Set up and maintain Association accounting including:
- Accounts payable – process invoices and expense reports for payment;
- Accounts receivable – prepare invoices; track accounts receivable and contact outstanding accounts for payment;
- Manage Association credit card accounts;
- Manage Association cash flow and bank balances;
- Coordinate and process payroll and benefits;
- Maintain and control inventory of synchro products.
- Produce monthly income statements and balance sheets, and analyze accounts for unusual items and variances to budget;
- Prepare forecasts monthly (revised annual estimates) of revenue and expenses);
- Report to senior management and the Board of Directors concerning any trends or risks that are critical to the organization’s financial performance;
- Complete financial reporting to other stakeholders, including Sport Canada and Own the Podium;
- Support the CEO with the preparation of annual financial plans;
- Prepare year-end audit working papers, and coordinate the year-end audit;
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation and receipts as required (Synchro Canada is a Registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association for income tax purposes);
- Maintain vendor and supplier relationships;
- Be involved in the fund-raising campaigns planning and execution;
- Oversee and coordinate national insurance program;
- Be responsible for general office management including maintaining warehouse storage, file management, and office maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & KEY SKILLS
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) preferred; a university degree, or formal training in accounting.
- Action oriented, adaptable and innovative approach to business controls and planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- 3–5 years of experience in a related position.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Proficiency in Simply Accounting or similar accounting software.
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Embodies the core values of Synchro Canada, including athlete focus, excellence, teamwork/collaboration and conducts themselves ethically and in a respectful manner.
- Represents and supports the vision, mission, and strategies of Synchro Canada, and is able to contribute positively to the success of the Association’s plans and activities.
- Able to travel – there may be some limited travel, as required.
- Able to work overtime, as required, in order to meet fluctuating need.
- The position is based in Ottawa, Canada.
The compensation package will be based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Synchro Canada has a proud tradition of success and excellence. If you feel that you would like to be part of the development of vital and changing sport in Canada, and have the skills for this position, we would like to hear from you.
Apply in confidence by sending your cover letter and resume by May 8, 2017 to Jackie Buckingham, CEO, at email@example.com.